RANDOM UNITS WITH NO MEANING: 1
2. Sift together the wheat flour, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside. (This can be done the night before and kept covered at room temperature.)
3. Mix the yogurt, apple juice, vanilla extract, oil, honey, egg whites and carrots in a separate bowl and blend together.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5. Add the carob chips and fold together until blended. Do not over-mix, this will toughen the bread.
6. Spray 2 small loaf pans with non-stick spray and fill each pan 3/4 full with batter. Place on the center rack of the preheated oven and bake 45 minutes. The breads are done when a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out dry.
7. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Slice each loaf into 10 slices.
1. I found this originally as "Breakfast Bread with Carob and Carrots." For better or worse, I prefer real chocolate to carob, lol! So, I used regular old chocolate chips in this and it turned out so tasty. It's moist and flavorful and the hints of chocolate hit the spot. It's thick and sticks with you for awhile.
2. You can either make this in two small loaf pans or one bigger one.
This recipe is from FoodFit.com.
From MC - Per Serving: 95 Calories; 1g Fat (11.4% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 104mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.