RANDOM UNITS WITH NO MEANING: 3
2. Place bread cubes on a jelly-roll pan, and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until toasted.
3. While the croutons bake, combine onion, carrot, and celery in a food processor, and pulse until chopped. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add vegetables; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
4. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Gradually add 1 can of broth to flour in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to pan. Stir in 1 can of broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 10 minutes or until thick.
5. Stir in milk, salt, paprika, and pepper; cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; add the cheese, and stir until cheese melts.
6. Ladle soup into bowls, and top with croutons.
1. I don't usually bother making the croutons, but the soup is still 3 points with or without the croutons. And the points also don't change for using skim or 2% milk.
2. From Mastercook (as written) - Per Serving: 190 Calories; 6g Fat (27.8% calories from fat); 11g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 13mg Cholesterol; 1676mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.
RECIPE FROM - Cooking Light - November 2002 issue