Cherry Pie Filling Cake
RANDOM UNITS WITH NO MEANING: 4
MAKES: 12 servings
CRISPY RATING: A wonderfully moist cake with chunks of fruit in it
- 1 box cake mix, unprepared
- 20 oz No Sugar Added Cherry Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or 3 egg whites or so
1. In bowl, mix together all ingredients. It will be thick, not real fluid.
2. Bake according to box directions.
3. Top with your favorite icing if you like, but don't forget the points. A good "icing" idea is to mix a couple teaspoons of a flavored extract (like Black Walnut Cherry or Almond or Strawberry) into a tub of FF Cool Whip and let it sit for a day.
MY NOTES AND THOUGHTS:
You can use any combination of cake mix flavor and pie filling. Apple pie filling and spice cake is good, and cherry pie filling goes nicely with yellow, chocolate or angel food cake. It make angel food cake a lovely shade of pink!
Recipe is posted all over the Weight Watchers boards - I have no idea who came up with the idea originally.