RANDOM UNITS WITH NO MEANING: 4
MAKES: 4 servings
CRISPY RATING: Very easy and very flavorful
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 piece ginger root
- 1 clove garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup lowfat yogurt, plain
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
1. Mix together ginger, garlic, chili powder, turmeric, salt, yogurt, lemon juice, and cilantro. Pour over chicken and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours.
2. Place chicken on a broiler tray lined with foil and baste with the sunflower oil.
3. Preheat broiler to medium hot. Broil chicken for 15-20 minutes turning and basting 3 times.
MY NOTES AND THOUGHTS:
These could easily be done on the grill if you prefer. I also like to make a little extra of the yogurt sauce to serve with the chicken.
I got this recipe from the WW Recipe Review Board, from a poster named APOEM4TIM.