RANDOM UNITS WITH NO MEANING: 2
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin cups (2 ½ inches in diameter) with paper baking cups.
2. Stir together flours, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Combine yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract just until combined. Mix dry ingredients into wet, but do not beat. Stir in chocolate chips if desired. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
3. Bake 15-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. Remove from pans. Sprinkle powdered sugar over tops of muffins, if desired. Serve warm. Store, covered, at room temperature or freeze in airtight container for longer storage.
1. The original recipe called for all white flour, but using part whole-wheat makes it healthier. I didn't care for them as all whole-wheat, though.
2. They freeze well, which is nice. And I like that it only makes 12 (very good-sized) muffins rather than like 24 if you were to use a cake mix.
Recipe is from Weight Watchers Recipe Review Board where I saw it posted by grits75.
From MC - Per Serving, if you make 12: 136 Calories; 2g Fat (9.7% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 293mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.