RANDOM UNITS WITH NO MEANING: 5
2. While linguine cooks, boil water and bouillon cube in small saucepan until reduced to 1/3 cup. Stir in milk and evaporated milk and return to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer until reduced by about half, stirring constantly. Watch it - it will burn and then you'll have a blast trying to clean that pot. Trust me... Remove from heat.
3. In skillet, melt butter and stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk mixture. Bring to a boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes until slightly thickened. Add crab, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Heat through.
4. Drain linguine and toss with sauce and Parmesan cheese.
2. The only tricky part to me is not burning the milk to the bottom of my pot. Heat it slowly, keep stirring, don't stop, and don't cook it too hot.
3. And - I'm going to try this using all Evap milk in the future. -- That didn't work as well. Stick with the mix of both.
This recipe is from Light & Tasty, the October / November 2006 edition.
From MC - Per Serving: 283 Calories; 4g Fat (13.5% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 25mg Cholesterol; 1084mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.