1. Spray large heavy saucepan with Pam, cook chopped scallion, onion, and gingerroot with curry powder and salt and pepper over moderately low heat until softened.
2. Add carrots and broth.
3. Simmer mixture, covered, until carrots are very soft, about 20 minutes.
4. Puree mixture in blender or food processor in batches with coconut milk until very smooth.
5. Stir in 1 tablespoon lime juice and chill soup at least 6 hours or overnight.
6. Thin soup with ice water and season with additional lime juice, salt, and pepper, and garnish soup with sliced scallions.
2. To lighten even further - I'm thinking of trying skim milk (or fat free half and half) and some coconut extract. The original used normal coconut milk, which would've been 18 pts instead of 6.
3. Eat without the coconut milk. It's not as smooth and I think the coconut adds a nice balance of flavor, but as a creamed carrot dish, it's yummy.
Recipe adapted from Food Network web site
Show: Sara's Secrets, Episode: Warm Weather Soups, who got it courtesy of Gourmet Magazine.