1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine cream cheese, almond extract and powdered sugar. Blend till smooth and creamy. Fold in half the chopped nuts.
3. Separate can of dough and form into 4 rectangles. Press to seal seams. Divide cream cheese mixture and spread to within 1/4-inch of edges. Roll up tightly (width) into cylinder.
4. Chill about 30 minutes. Cut each roll into four pieces. Place 1/2-inch apart on ungreased baking sheet. Combine egg white and water to make egg wash, and brush each piece. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until light brown.
5. While the swirls are baking, combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Cool swirls for 3 minutes. Drizzle glaze over warm swirls. Serve warm.
1. These are just over the edge to 2 pts, and you can have 2 for 3 pts, which is nice, because they are small, lol!
2. I'm having lots of ideas how to adapt these. Add a few tablespoons of light pie filling for fruit danishes. Add a bunch of cinnamon and make cinnamon rolls. Use a few chocolate chips in each.
3. Skipping the glaze still leaves you at 2 pts each, but at 72 cal / 4 fat / 0 fiber.
This recipe is from the Weight Watchers Recipe Review board, posted by SuzFehr, and I adapted it to make it a bit lighter still.
From MC - Per Serving: 80 Calories; 4g Fat (37.9% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 143mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.