POINTS: 4 (or 6 points each for 4 servings)
1. Slice and salt eggplant. Let drain 1/2 hour. Squeeze dry.
2. Saute onions, add eggplant and saute 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, simmer 5 minutes. Spoon into pie shell.
3. Whisk egg and milk together, and pour over the eggplant. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Bake 25 minutes at 375F.
1. I really like this recipe, but I had problems with it at first. The eggplant / tomato mix was so thick that the milk / egg combo just sat on top and ran off. I poked some holes in the eggplant to get some milk / egg in it. It didn't turn out like a quiche. LOL! So, the next time, I just skipped the milk/egg combo and it's great.
2. With no egg/milk in it, points are: 4 servings for 5 pts; and 6 servings for 3 pts.
2. From Mastercook (as written) - Per Serving: 186 Calories; 9g Fat (42.1% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 393mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat.
RECIPE FROM - WW Recipe Board, where it was posted by LilNessy