1. Heat large skillet dry (no oil or Pam!) - add cumin and mustard seeds. Heat until they get aromatic and start to pop. Remove and let cool.
2. Heat Ghee, add sweet potatoes and cook until they start to soften.
3. Add onions, garlic, chili powder and turmeric. Cook 1-2 minutes.
4. Add eggplant, roasted spices and poppy seeds. Stir in broth.
5. Cover and let simmer slowly for 30-45 minutes.
6. Season to taste and serve with cilantro.
2. This one makes a ton of food and is very tasty. It is spiced like Indian food. And sweet potatoes are very good for you!
3. From MC - Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 216 Calories; 9g Fat (37.2% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 18mg Cholesterol; 565mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
Recipe adapted from The Eggplant Cookbook!