1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients except the meat and sesame seeds. Whisk it well to dissolve the sugar.
2. Put meat in bag and add mix. Seal it tightly and marinate the meat several hours or overnight.
3. Soak wooden skewers 30 minutes or so in water. Thread meat chunks onto skewers - you can add mushrooms, pepper chunks, onions, and other veggies to round out the meal.
4. Grill over flame to desired done-ness. We're all about rare meat here, you might like it a little more well-done. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
1. The majority points (obviously) come from the beef. You could probably do this same marinade with chicken, pork or tofu and it should work. In fact, the original recipe was supposed to go over lamb, but we didn't eat lamb, so we did it over beef. Hence, the name - Beef with Lamb Sauce.
2. It also works well just broiling the meat in the oven if you don't have access to a grill.
My family has had this recipe for years and years. I believe we got it out the local newspaper sometime in the 1980's.