1. In heavy large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté chicken, sprinkled with salt and pepper until browned and cooked through. Let cool and shred or cut into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in frying pan. Add tortilla strips; fry until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer to paper towels; drain. These can cool and be stored for a day in an airtight container, too.
3. Mix broth, cilantro, oregano, apple cider vinegar and cumin in large saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Add lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
4. Add tomato, bell pepper, onion and cooked chicken to broth. Let simmer until veggies are just softened.
5. Place 1 lime slice in each of 6 bowls. Ladle soup over limes. Mound tortilla strips on top.
One reviewer on Epicurious.com suggested adding black beans and corn and topping with avocado cubes.
This recipe is from Epicurous.
From MC -Per Serving: 137 Calories; 5g Fat (27.7% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 22mg Cholesterol; 559mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
But, if you skip tortillas and oil - Per Serving: 78 Calories; 1g Fat (5.0% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 22mg Cholesterol; 546mg Sodium.