1. Combine cornstarch, 2 tsp sugar, lemon juice, salt, nutmeg, and peaches. Set aside for 30 minutes. Divide peaches between two 10-oz ramekin baking dishes.
2. Combine the gingersnaps, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the peaches.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes until peaches are tender.
NUTRITIONAL INFO from L&T: 219 Calories, 7 g Fat (4 g sat fat), 15 mg Cholesterol, 291 mg Sodium, 39 g Carbs, 4 g Fiber, 2 g Protein
1. I think this would be great with pears or apples, too.
2. Crush the gingersnaps well, as any big pieces tend to be very hard to crunch through after baking.
This recipe is from the August/September 2004 issue of Light & Tasty.