MAKES: 4 servings
CRISPY RATING: Incredible!
1. Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the skillet with butter and heat until the butter foams, then add the steaks.
3. Arrange the shallots and garlic around the steaks. Add the pear halves, cut-side down, around the steaks. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the steaks are brown on one side, then turn. Sprinkle the fennel seed over everything.
4. Mix the pear juice, whiskey, and vinegar in a cup, then pour over the steaks. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes longer, or until the steaks are done, the pears are tender, and the liquid has reduced to a thick dark syrup.
5. Serve each dinner plate with a salmon steak, 2 pear halves, and a topping of the shallot-garlic balsamic syrup. Garnish with a generous amount of the flat-leaf parsley.
1. We made this for a special occasion and we were not disappointed - very yummy and definitely formal and special.
2. The original called for 1/4 cup of pear brandy, which turned out to run about $50 for a bottle. After having a good laugh, we bought pear juice and spiked it with whiskey.
3. From MC - Per Serving: 253 Calories; 6g Fat (21.7% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 75mg Cholesterol; 238mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 0 Fat.
Recipe is from the Weight Watcher Recipe Review board, posted by LilNessy.