Chicken with Pineapple Sauce
MAKES: 4 servings
CRISPY RATING: I don't think it was meant this way, but it tastes like a Chinese dish to me!
- 1 lb boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 Tbsp packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 16 oz Dole Canned Crushed Pineapple in Juice
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground Ginger
- Minced Chives, optional
1. Cut chicken into bite-sized cubes. Saute in pan until cooked.
2. Blend together brown sugar, cornstarch, pineapple juice from can, and soy sauce. Pour over chicken. Add pineapple, garlic and ginger. Cook and stir until sauce thickens. Add chives before serving.
MY NOTES AND THOUGHTS:
1. The original recipe was meant to use whole chicken breasts and to be baked. I'm not a fan of whole chicken breasts, so I adapted it. Here's the original, for anyone interested:
In a saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in pineapple, soy sauce, garlic salt and ginger. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened.
Place chicken in a greased 9 inch square baking dish. Pour half of the sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 15 minutes. Baste; bake 10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, basting several times with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with chives if desired.
This recipe is from Weight Watchers Boards.