2. Stir in remaining ingredients except pasta; heat to boiling, stirring occasionally to break up tomatoes. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally as it reduces.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
4. Mix pasta into sauce. Serve with whole wheat rolls and salad.
1. This goes together incredibly easy, though you will have tomato splatters all over your stove when it's done. ;)
2. Let it simmer - it will thicken and the flavors will intensify.
3. This is a good one to use whole wheat pasta if you're still getting used to it because the pasta is well covered with sauce.
This recipe is from the San Giorgio web site.
From MC - Per Serving: 294 Calories; 5g Fat (12.6% calories from fat); 14g Protein; 58g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol; 890mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.