Veggie Rice Pilaf
MAKES: 8 servings
CRISPY RATING: A fantastic side dish with great texture
- 1-1/3 cup Amy's Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Long Grain and Wild Rice Mix, uncooked
- 1-1/2 cup Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1-1/4 cup Carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup Green Onions
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1. Bring to a broth to a boil and add rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
2. Add mushrooms, carrots, 1/2 cup water, parsley, green onions, and pepper to rice; stir well. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes.
MY NOTES AND THOUGHTS:
1. The original recipe had 1/4 cup of chopped pecans, too, which would be more points.
I honestly don't know where I picked this one up - sorry! It's not an original creation, though.