1. Preheat oven to 425?.
2. Steam first 3 ingredients, covered, 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
3. Combine vegetables and remaining ingredients in a 13 ? 9-inch baking dish; toss well. Bake at 425? for 40 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
1. This recipe was the first time I had ever tried parsnips and I was very pleasantly surprised by them. Treat them like carrots - peel the outside and slice them.
2. The original called for 3/4 lb of rutabagas instead of sweet potatoes, so try it that way, too. I also usually add some chunks of onion, too.
2. I don't steam the veggies first and it has worked fine. They just need to roast a little longer.
2. From Mastercook - Per Serving: 188 Calories; 3g Fat (13.2% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 307mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
RECIPE Adapted FROM - January / Febuary 1997 issue of Cooking Light, but I first saw it when CrissyBear posted it on the WW Recipe Board.