Ideas for Grilling or Baking Salmon
POINTS: Salmon is 1 point per oz.
CRISPY RATING: Salmon is a great fish!
- Idea #1
- Mix equal parts of Miso and Mirin and rub into / coat the salmon. Miso
is a fermented soy bean paste used in Japanese cooking, which you may know as
a soup base. Mirin is a sweet rice wine, also used in Japanese cooking. I
can find both in the Asian section of some grocery stores (like King Soopers!)
- The Miso/Mirin mixture is 1 point if you use 1 Tbsp of each.
- Splash with soy sauce (reduced sodium!) and Montreal Chicken
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 Tbsp white wine / cooking wine
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 Soy sauce
- 1/4 c Orange Juice
- Some garlice
- Some Sweet 'n' Low or Splenda
Always marinate at least 30 minutes or so, but overnight can be too long to
marinate a fish. Then grill or bake until center turns opaque.
MY NOTES AND THOUGHTS:
OK, I haven't actually tried several of these yet. I tend to stick with
the Miso/Mirin mix which is great. But, I do love salmon and can't wait to
taste the rest of these ideas!
Recipes from Weight Watchers web site.
These have been posted by various people at different times.