2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into potato mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; gently stir in cheese.
3. Transfer to a 13 X 9 baking dish coated with Pam. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and crumbs are golden brown.
2. I use my the 2 mm blade on my food processor to slice the potatoes and really like that thickness.
3. I've also made this in advance up to putting it in my baking dish and then left it in the fridge overnight before baking. I almost think it's better the next day. ;)
4. The original used 1.5 cups of bread crumbs, but I really thought that was too much, and it cuts way down on the calories to use less.
This recipe is from the Light & Tasty.
From MC - Per Serving: 159 Calories; 2g Fat (11.7% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol; 498mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.