MAKES: 6 servings
CRISPY RATING: Very easy and quick
1. Marinate scallops in teriyaki sauce at room temp for one hour.
2. Cut off tough ends of aspargus (Bend the stalk and where it bends is where the tough part starts/ends) and slice into 2-inch pieces.
3. Heat oil in skillet over med-high heat. Drain scallops, reserving 1/2 cup of marinade, and stir fry in small batches. Cook about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Put them on a plate and keep them warm.
4. Cook asparagus in skillet, about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add them to the plate with the scallops.
5. Pour the reserved marinade into the skillet and cook about 3 minutes. Pour sauce over scallops and asparagus and garnish with chives. Serve immediately with rice or pasta.
1. The only trick to this is not to cook the scallops too long as they will get tough very quickly.
2. 4 servings will be 5 pts each.
3. From MC - Per Serving: 178 Calories; 3g Fat (16.2% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 37mg Cholesterol; 771mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Recipe is from a card in a grocery store in the early 1990's.