MAKES: 4 servings
CRISPY RATING: Nice blend of tangy and sweet
- 1 Pound Broccoli, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Honey
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame Seeds
1. Place broccoli in steamer basket and steam until crisp-tender. Or steam in microwave, covered with
saran wrap. Drain well.
2. In small saucepan over medium heat, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, balsamic vinegar and honey. Stir until well-mixed
3. Transfer broccoli to bowl. Pour sauce over broccoli. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
MY NOTES AND THOUGHTS:
Not alot of work to this and it's worth it for an alternative to plain broccoli for dinner. I prefer it as a side
dish rather than a main dish, but I can imagine that if you added some beef strips, you'd have a great Beef with
This recipe is from the Light & Tasty, the October / November 2006 issue.
From MC - Per Serving: 59 Calories; 3g Fat (44.2% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary
Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 169mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat;
0 Other Carbohydrates.