Shrimp 'n' Black Bean Chili
MAKES: 6 servings
CRISPY RATING: Very complex flavor
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 15 Oz Canned Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1/2 Oz Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Cup Fat-free Chicken Broth
- 1/3 Cup Picante Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 Pound Cooked Shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the
beans, tomatoes, broth, picante sauce, cumin and basil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or
until heated through.
2. Add shrimp; simmer 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through.
3. Serve with rice if desired.
MY NOTES AND THOUGHTS:
This recipe is from Weight Watchers Recipe board, where I saw it posted
by Gabbie 1970.
From MC - Per Serving: 186 Calories; 4g Fat (19.0% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary
Fiber; 148mg Cholesterol; 584mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.