2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in oregano, marjoram and fennel; cook for 1 minute. Add roasted peppers and wine or broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 3 tablespoons. Remove from the heat; set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine spinach, cottage cheese and nutmeg; set aside.
4. Spread 1/2 cup cheese sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top with three noodles, half of the sausage mixture, half of the spinach mixture and 1 cup sauce; repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
5. Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through and top is lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
1. Yup - lots of ingredients, lots of steps, lots of pots. But hey, it's lasagna! :) And this one is worth it.
2. The original used LF cream cheese and cottage cheese, but I used FF and it was fine. It also called for only 1 lb of turkey sausage, but mine come pre-packaged in 20 oz, so I wasn't about to leave 4 oz of sausage hanging around.
3. I put foil under it as it baked because I was worried about it dripping over, but it didn't at all.
4. If you want bigger pieces - 10 servings will be 7 pts each and 8 servings will be 9 pts each.
This recipe is from the Light and Tasty, the August/September 2006 edition.
From MC - Per Serving @ 12 servings: 283 Calories; 10g Fat (31.1% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 55mg Cholesterol; 742mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.