MAKES: 4 servings
CRISPY RATING: Yummy, not fake sweet like from a Chinese restaurant
1. In a large nonstick skillet stir-fry sausage for 3-4 min or until slightly browned. Add onion,and carrots; stir-fry until crisp tender.
2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add pineapple to meat mix.
3. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and ginger. Stir in water, soy sauce, and pineapple juice until smooth. Add to skillet.
4. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 1-2 min until thickened.
5. Serve over rice if desired. (Add points for rice.)
1. I imagine you could trade out the sausage for any type of meat you like, though you'll have to adjust the points.
2. It has a great flavor - a little sweet, a little spicy, and not sickly sweet like what you get from Chinese restaurants now-a-days.
3. From MC - Per Serving: 225 Calories; 6g Fat (22.0% calories from fat); 17g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 97mg Cholesterol; 1199mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 0 Fat.
Recipe is from the Weight Watcher Recipe Review board, posted by Momster3915.