1. Line 18 muffin cups with muffin papers. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the cake mix, water, egg whites, melted butter, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a large bowl for 2 minutes, or until the batter is well blended. Using about 1/3 cup of batter for each cupcake, spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake the cupcakes until they are very pale golden on top, about 15 minutes. Cool the cupcakes completely on a cooling rack.
4. Using a fork, coarsely chop or mash strawberries or raspberries in a medium bowl. Beat the cream and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar in a large bowl until firm peaks form. Beat cream cheese separately until soft, and then add to whipped cream. Fold the mashed berries into the whipped cream.
5. Remove the muffin papers from the cupcakes and cut the tops off of each cupcake. Spoon the berry whipped cream atop the cupcake bottoms. Place the cupcake tops on the cupcakes. Dust with more powdered sugar and serve with the remaining berries.
2. I thought about hollowing out the centers and piping the filling in, but I figured I'd eat all the hollowed out chunks, hee hee. I still think that would make a nicer presentation than cutting them in half.
3. These also held up surprisingly well for a day as leftovers - they tasted fine, though I wouldn't have presented them to guests that way.
This recipe is from SuzFehr from the Weight Watchers boards.
From MC - Per Serving: 149 Calories; 7g Fat (40.0% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 16mg Cholesterol; 186mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.