MAKES: 6 servings
CRISPY RATING: Just like Mom used to make, well actually the ones Mom still makes
1. Cook the tomato sauce with the marjoram and sugar until slightly sweet.
2. Slice the peppers and add to sauce.
3. Mix the ground beef with the rice, egg, salt and pepper.
4. Form large meatballs and add them to the sauce.
5. Simmer at low heat at least 1 hour until meat is cooked.
1. All the flavor of stuffed peppers without the hassle of stuffing them. We usually eat it over mashed potatoes or more rice.
2. From MC - Per Serving: 235 Calories; 4g Fat (15.7% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 72mg Cholesterol; 859mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Recipe is from my Mom. :)