Chicken Tagine with Apricots
MAKES: 4 servings
YIELD: About 3 oz chicken, 1/4 cup sauce and 1/2 cup couscous per serving.
CRISPY RATING: One of the first WW recipes I tried and it is AWESOME!!
- 4 oz dried apricot halves, chopped
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cup cooked couscous, hot
1. In a small saucepan, bring apricots and chicken broth to a simmer. Set aside.
2. Toss chicken with flour and then saut? chicken in non-stick pan (sprayed with Pam!)
until golden, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in onion, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until onions are very tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in cinnamon and honey. Stir in apricots, broth and almonds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Simmer 10 minutes and serve over couscous.
MY NOTES AND THOUGHTS:
This quickly became one of my favorite recipes. Sit back and let me tell you a story...
My fourth week on WW, I made this recipe and loved it. Somehow, I misread something and thought
the points were only 3! I ate double portions all week. I realized my mistake the day before WI
and, yes, I did have a gain. Ah well...Hee, hee! Anyway, it's still one of my favorites!!
Recipe from Weight Watchers web site - not sure if
it came from the recipe section or if someone posted it.