1. Remove skin from salmon and cut into cubes. Place in large resealable bag.
2. Combine juice, brown sugar, teriyaki sauce, garlic powder and ginger. Pour over salmon and seal bag, squeezing the air out. Refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.
3. Drain and discard marinade. Place salmon in food processor and add bread crumbs. Pulse until blended.
4. Shape salmon into 4 patties and place in refrigerator 1 hour.
5. Coat grill with Pam before starting grill. Grill patties, uncovered, over medium heat, 6 to 7 minutes. Turn and grill 3 to 5 more minutes until done.
6. Serve on light buns, with lettuce, tomato, red onions and light mayo if desired. Add pts for condiments and buns!
2. You pulse them more or less, depending on how big of chunks of salmon you want in your burgers.
3. I usually use some canned pineapple for the juice, throw some of the pineapple into burgers, and then add pineapple on top of the finished burgers when I eat them. Can you tell I like pineapple?
This recipe is from Light & Tasty June / July 2005.
From MC - Per Serving: 195 Calories; 5g Fat (20.6% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 59mg Cholesterol; 423mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.