1. Cook pasta as directed. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet or pot, cook the onions, green peppers and garlic until softened. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain any fat.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
1. I like this as leftovers the next day even better. It thickens up and reminds me of a (better tasting and healthier) Beef-a-roni.
2. From Mastercook - Per Serving: 287 Calories; 5g Fat (16.1% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 44mg Cholesterol; 406mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
RECIPE FROM - Light & Tasty - October/November 2004