1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven sprayed with Pam, saute onion, garlic, basil and dill until onion is tender.
2. Add broth, water, carrots and barley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Add pork and beans, zucchini, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 10 - 15 minutes until veggies and barley are tender.
4. Add tomatoes and vinegar just before serving and heat through.
1. Yum! It's amazing to me that one can of beans can add so much flavor - you really do taste them. I also use one zucchini and one yellow squash and it was a great combo.
2. From Mastercook - Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 135 Calories; 1g Fat (3.9% calories from fat); 10g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 453mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
RECIPE FROM - Light & Tasty April / May 2005 issue.