1. Trim ends from zucchini; cut crosswise into 1-inch thick pieces. Steam zucchini for about 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, let cool. Scoop out small hollow from one end of each piece; set aside.
2. In nonstick skillet, melt margarine over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms and onion or shallots, stirring, for 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in parsley; season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon mushroom mixture into zucchini cavities. Arrange in microwave-safe dish or baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
3. Just before serving, microwave at high (100%) power for 1 to 2 minutes or bake in 350F deg. oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
1. These make a great appetizer. They really pack alot of flavor into very few calories - yay! Oh, and I usually chop up the scooped-out zucchini and add it to the mushroom mix to give it more volume.
2. This can be prepared early in the day, then reheated in the oven or microwave just before serving.
3. From Mastercook - Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 42 Calories; 2g Fat (47.9% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 50mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
RECIPE FROM - Weight Watchers Recipe Review Board, posted by GratefulDaisy, who credits The Lighthearted Cookbook by Anne Lindsay.